Connect the ProChrono Digital chronograph to your Windows PC!
The Digital USB Remote from Competition Electronics provides you with everything needed to connect the ProChrono Digital chronograph to a computer using the included PCRemote software program. Now a PC can be used to operate the chronograph as well as view, collect and store data. It has many useful applications at home or on the range and is compatible with all ProChrono Digital Chronographs.
- Use Multiple Chronographs with One PC - This is useful if two chronographs are being used to measure the same projectile in order to validate the results.
- Last Velocity Large Display - Create a large size display of the velocity readout and the power factor on your computer screen. The size is adjustable to suit the desired viewing distance. Great for showing the results to a group of onlookers.
- Multi-Function Control Panel - Control all of the chrono functions, read a list of velocities from each shot string and the associated statistics, and print a report. You can also input information for calculating the ammo. power factor and foot/lbs.
- Export Data - Send information to your spreadsheet program in several file formats.
- On Screen Graph Of Velocity Strings - Create a graph using data from a shot string. Save or print it for later reference.
- USB Port Connection - Uses the computer USB port for a wired connection to the Pro Chrono Digital.
The Digital USB interface software program has been tested and functions acceptably under the following Operating Systems:
- Windows 98
- Windows 2000
- Windows XP
- Windows Vista
- Windows 7
- Windows 8
- Windows 10
Clicking on the v1.9 software download link will begin the process of obtaining the latest PCRemote program software. You will be receiving a compressed, self-extracting archive containing the files necessary to install the PCRemote program, its related hardware drivers, and a number of documents explaining various aspects of the program system operation. Depending on what browser you are using, you may have the choice of "saving" or "running" the downloaded installation program. In either case, you will eventually have to "run" the installation program, but choosing "save" gives you the option to tell your PC where to put the downloadable file.
If you choose to save, the browser may decide for you where the program will be saved, or it may allow you to choose the location.
Before running the program, uninstall any previous versions by using the "uninstall" menu selection on the PCRemote program Windows menu.
Whether you choose to run it directly from the browser, or after downloading and saving you run the program yourself by double-clicking on it, the installation program will "self-extract" the contents of the downloaded archive into a folder that starts with the name "PCRem..." on your hard drive.
Open this folder (by double clicking on it) and run (again, by double clicking) the file named "setup.exe". It may appear as "setup" on your pc, without the ".exe" part.
This will install the latest version of the PCRemote program on your computer and activate the program help file. If this is a first time installation, follow the instructions in the help file. Otherwise, this should complete the upgrade.
Sometimes security settings in email programs like Outlook Express will prohibit you from doing anything with the downloaded file, like saving it or running it. This is done to protect you from viruses and other malicious software. In this case, you will have to disable this "protection" feature in your email client settings before it will allow you to save or open the file.
Non-warranty repair guarantee:Competition Electronics will not charge more than ½ the current retail price to repair any current model chronograph we manufacture regardless of its condition.
Shooting product warranty: 2 year warranty against defects in material or workmanship with dated proof of purchase.